APEC SME Innovation Center
At the APEC SME Ministerial Meeting held in September 2005, in Daegu, Korea, Korea adopted ¡°Daegu Initiative
on SME Innovation Action Plan¡±, resulting establishment of APEC SME Innovation Center.
The APEC SME Innovation Center was established in 2006 at the Korea Technology and Information Promotion Agency for SMEs(TIPA), and since January 2009, the management of APEC SME Innovation Center was transferred to SBC.
Since its establishment, the APEC SME Innovation Center has been working to promote co-prosperity and economic growth of APEC member economies through case studies of SME innovation policies and experience-sharing of innovative entrepreneurial practices. These tasks are accomplished through programs such seminars, research, consulting services, e-cooperation, one-on-one business matchmaking and issuance of newsletters.
2009 APEC SME Innovation Center Annual Projects
1.APEC SME Innovation Seminar
- The APEC SME Innovation Seminar was held to exchange information on successful cases and policy trends of SME innovation activities among APEC member countries. Details of conference discussions as well as other SME policy innovation-related information are posted on the website(www.apec-smeic.org) and provided via newsletters.
- SBC dispatches Korean technology and management consultants to SMEs in developing countries of the Asia-Pacific region to offer comprehensive customized solutions based on on-site diagnosis and consulting utilizing ¡°Comprehensive Diagnosis Tool¡± of SBC. This year, SBC provides consulting services to Chinese, Indonesian, Philippine and Vietnamese SMEs.
3. Korea-Japan SME Business Matching
- The APEC SME Innovation Center organizes business meetings in key fields including trade, joint ventures, technology and M&A to facilitate practical cooperation between APEC member economies. This year, the Center held one-on-one business matching for Korean SMEs and helped them find business partners in Japan.
4. Korea-China e-business Cooperation
- The APEC SME Innovation Center provides a platform for e-business cooperation and information sharing through linking of relevant APEC member websites. This year, the Center promotes e-corporate matching and trade between Korea & China. With the assistance from Chinese trade experts, the Center supports the whole trade process. Also, the Center operates a Chinese online marketplace (GobizKorea) where Korean and Chinese companies can upload information about their products and companies.
5. APEC SME Innovation Center Website and Newsletter
- APEC SME Innovation Center updates contents of the website on a real-time basis to serve as a knowledge and information generator promoting SME innovation in APEC member economies. The Center publishes semi-annual newsletter ¡°APEC SME Innovation Briefing¡± and disseminates it through webmail to APEC SME working group members and experts on SME innovation.